B.S. 1960, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur; M.S. 1964, Ph.D. 1965, Carnegie-Mellon University; Scientific Laboratory, Ford Motor Company, 1963-64; Ames Laboratory and Iowa State University, 1965-present; Visiting Associate Professor, Stanford University, 1969-70; Guest Professor and Senior Fulbright Research Scholar, Technische Universität, Braunschweig, West Germany, 1977-78; Invited Professor, Ècole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland, 9/84-1/85; Invited Scientist, United Nations Development Program, India, 5/86-6/86; Invited professor, Université Aix-Marseille III, Marseille, France, 5/88-6/88.
Theoretical and experimental studies on the growth kinetics, morphological
characteristics and stability of microstructures obtained under normal
and rapid solidification conditions.
“The role of heterogeneous nucleation on microstructure evolution in peritectic systems,” Scripta Mater., Vol. 53, 47 (2005).
T.A. Lograsso, B.C. Fuh and R. Trivedi
“Phase selection during directional solidification of peritectic alloys,” Metall. Mater. Trans., Vol. 36A, 1287 (2005).
J. Hoyt, M. Asta, T. Haxihimali, A. Karma, R.E. Napolitano, R. Trivedi, B. Laird, and J.R. Morris
“Crystal-melt interfaces and solidification morphologies in metals and alloys,” MRS Bull., Vol. 29, 935 (2004).
R. Trivedi, S.A. David, M.A. Eshelman, J.M. Vitek, S. Babu, T. Hong, and T. DebRoy
“Observation of weld pool solidification using transparent metal-analog systems,” J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 93, 4885 (2003).
P. Mazumder and R. Trivedi
“Integrated simulation of thermo-solutal convection and pattern formation in directional solidification,” Appl. Math. Model., Vol. 28, 109 (2004).
AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Champion H. Mathewson Medal, The Materials Society (TMS), 2004
- The Iowa Distinguished Faculty in Engineering Lecturer, The University of Iowa , 2000
- David R. Boylan Eminent Faculty Award for Research, College of Engineering , Iowa State University
- Consultant Professor, Northwestern Polytechnical University , Xian, China , 1999-present
- Henry Marion Howe Medal from The ASM International
- Bruce Chalmers Award from The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society, 1991
- Member, International Advisory Committee, Conferences Internationales Materiaux et Technologies (CIMTEC), Faenza , Italy , 2000, 2002, 2004
- Member, International Advisory Committee, International Conference on Solidification Processing, February 2001, 2003, 2005
- Member, International Advisory Committee, International Conference on Advanced Materials, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur , India , February 2002